Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The picky eater

Recently, I cooked something for my baby boy. Well, afraid that he would be bored after eating the same kind of food everyday…I asked my mom whether there is any other recipe for me to try. My mom suggested that I added some spinach and anchovies to the porridge before blending it all. Urghh, spinach…hated that… well, I thought maybe it’s just me.


So, I proceeded with cooking the recipe… hopefully he would love it and would requested for more. To my disappointment he barely opens his own mouth when fed with the porridge. Ohh, such a failure… Faris usually open his mouth to almost everything…except sour foods. Is my baby boy a picky eater? Hopefully he won’t turn out to be just like me… I admit that I am a picky eater… as a child until now.


My mom used to troubled herself cooking twice because I have a lot of dislikes…I dislike beef, I used to dislike chicken, I used to dislike certain types of fish (only white meat please) and many more. So when my mom cooked for my brothers (these people would eat anything... no fuss, they just eat and can finished it all in minutes), she will just mixed everything and she’ll put aside a portion to cook especially for me. Yeah, me and only me! Lucky yeah…it was then. Do you believe in karma? Now everything come rolling back to me… tsk-tsk~


Tonight, before going to sleep… I managed to cook something for him. Hopefully he’ll love it! Say aaaa….faris~~

2 comments:

  1. babe, anak ko berapa bulan dah? umur dia berapa ko stat bg mkn? anak aku nak masuk 5 bulan, and aku tak bercadang nak feed dia anything except milk. not until he is 6 months. pastu semua org mcm bising asal aku tak bg anak aku mkn lg. bukannya mcm budak tu kebulur ke ahapa. ok je. gaining weight lg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anak aku dh 8 bln.aku start bagi die makan umo 6 bln..ikut cakap paed katanye jgn bagi mkn sblm 6 bln sbb kalo ikutkan baby lagi kenyang minum susu esp susu ibu. satu botol susu equal to 4 portion of bubur.alaa, aku dulu pon camtu gak...ramai yg bising...tp aku wat bodo jek. as long as cukup susu...tadela die kebulur...besela org ni kdg2 sume nk tunjuk tere dorg..ade jek words of advice..hehe~

    ReplyDelete